Social and Emotional Learning
Social and Emotional Learning (SEL) is the way in which we teach our children to develop fundamental life skills. At All Saints Multi Academy Trust Birmingham, we believe it is important to teach the WHOLE CHILD and not just focus on academic learning.
These skills include:
- Recognising and managing our emotions
- Developing caring and concern for others
- Establishing and maintaining healthy relationships
- Making responsible decisions (goals)
- Handling challenging situations effectively
What are we trying to achieve?
- Provide children with the skill of managing their feelings
- To be able to identify and recognise a range of feelings and express them in ways that do not hurt themselves or others
- To know that thoughts, feelings and behaviour are linked
- To be able to express their emotions in a positive manner